Saturday, November 24, 2012

Things I haven't eaten in a long time that I would kill a cow for right now

I was doing more than ok with the food situation in India for a while, loving the new flavors, soupy curries, light dosas, fresh nan and complex Masalas. I couldn't get enough. While other travelers stuck to their Muesli and pasta, I was on a never ending hunt for the best pumpkin curry and biryani.

Then the inevitable happened. I got sick. And nothing makes you miss homey comfort foods like being sick half way around the world and just wanting mommy's chicken soup.

Here's a list of foods I would kill for right now:
My mom's perfect Jewish penicillin with loads of parsley.
Beef broth
Burger from jg melon on 74th and 3rd
Sushi, fucking top notch close your eyes its so good sushi. From Riki on 45th st.
Baked fish. Any fish, as long as it's fresh. With olive oil and lemon.
Really fresh salad with cheese, lemon juice and olive oil
Hummus from hummus place with above salad.

3 comments:

  1. The food would be an insurmountable obstacle for me. I couldn't imagine going a few weeks-let alone months-without pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  2. let's eat those things as soon as you get back - JG Melon & Hummus Place are delicious.

    ReplyDelete