Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Boozy Goodbyes

My closest friends from the past ten years came together and threw me a surprise dinner party this evening, thanks to 2 of my nearest and dearest friends who planned everything. Fuck, I cried about four times. I can complain until the cows come home about how much NY sucks, but one thing that will be next to impossible to replace are the special people here. You may not see them very often, barely even once a year (if that), but they are with you and in a big cold city, these are the people who carry you through. I love you guys.

On a sidenote, I've given up sobriety until I leave for India. Saying goodbye to people apparently turns you into a raging alcoholic and I've officially stopped fighting the big fight. I'll detox in the Himalayas or something.

1 comment: