Thursday, October 4, 2012

Moving On


I found out last week from facebook that someone I knew from childhood died. She was 33 years old and apparently had some sort of critical illness she was battling. From the little I knew of her, she was a real angel (and I do not use that word lightly nor often). Just one of those kind-hearted people you rarely come across, completely unselfish, maybe even to a fault.

Her older sister was a close friend of mine growing up and to this day is one of the strongest people I know. She is that friend I'll always look back on who first encouraged me to sneak out of the house in the middle of the night, to get drunk on school grounds, to flirt with that cute guy without fear of rejection.

She is maintaining her strength and resoluteness now and being the leader she is, encouraging everyone to not just live your life like you are dust in the wind, to get to know people, make impressions in your circles, to not waste your precious time hating on anyone. A good reminder for everyone who sometimes feels like they are in a metaphorical waiting room.

No comments:

Post a Comment