Friday, October 12, 2012

I See Updates


I got enough vaccines yesterday to immunize a small African country. My biceps hurt like a SOB to the point at which I can barely even dress myself. More doctors appointments today. A lot of prodding and poking and needles in my life right now.


I also saw a Kabbalah-ist fortune teller (prophet? astrologer? Not sure what the label is) last night who someone recommended for me out in Queens. I went with a 'what the hey' attitude as I'm not one to put faith in this stuff but I do have the belief that some people have a special ability to see things. If she wasn't one of those people, well, I got a good falafel in Queens out of the process. I didn't really know what to make of her. She guessed correctly which day of the week I was born, knew I was a fall baby, and knew that I had an African carving in my living room (which she told me to throw away immediately as it was giving me bad luck). She guessed correctly the names of people who were in my life and very dear to me. She also guessed initials of cities I was thinking of moving to. In the end I got a positive fortune, a few blessings and a filling meal so overall I guess it was worth it.

5 comments:

  1. While I'm a huge skeptic about this stuff, I also am a bit scared about what someone will tell me. I had a girl (amateur) tell me I will have 1 1/2 babies and that has followed me all my life....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I completely agree. One time someone told me I was going to die prematurely most likely in an accident. I was all...'thanks'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, that made me laugh. I can completely picture you saying "thanks"

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'd love to know details of this woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its Boaz.. for some reason it shows Unknown..

      Delete